- Mode of Education: Regular
- Establishment Year : 2008
- Affiliation & Accreditation : AICTE Approved
About St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies
St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies (SKIPS) was started in 2008 by the St. Kabir Group of Educational Institutes, which has been around since 1985. Since its founding in 1985, the St. Kabir Group of Institutions, which is run by the Janak Madan Charitable Educational Trust, has been spreading the light of knowledge and providing quality education for more than 35 years. At the moment, the group has 5 academic institutions with a total of 6500 students, 500 academicians, and around 11000 graduates.
SKIPS has become one of the best business schools in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, in a short amount of time. SKIPS has a PGDM programme with dual specializations in Marketing, HR, Finance, Operations, International Business, and Information Technology. This programme is industry-driven. In order to find a good balance between what is local and what is global, SKIPS exposes its students to global management practices while still making sure they are relevant to their own culture and economy.
SKIPS combines the best business practices with the most up-to-date theories to make a learning environment that is rich in both areas. At the center of our philosophy are the needs of the students and the needs of the business world. The institute wants to create a rich learning environment where experts can help students with their new ideas. SKIPS helps students grow in all areas, both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Program at SKIPS is a full-time, twice-yearly programme with two areas of focus. The PGDM Program at SKIPS is very well known and respected. The Post-Graduate Diploma in Management Program is split into three parts: most Core courses and a few Elective courses in the first year, an eight-week summer internship in the industry from April to June, and mostly Elective courses and a few Core courses in the second year. The school year begins in June or July and ends in March or April the following year. Each trimester is eleven to thirteen weeks long. There are three trimesters in a school year. Most of the time, the Annual Convocation for the graduating class takes place in March or April.
The Program lets students learn about both the theory and practice of different areas of management. It is carefully planned with input from key stakeholders like Industry Specialists, Faculty, and Students. The Program gives students the chance to improve their communication, initiative, interpersonal, and organizational skills, all of which are important in today’s fast-paced business world. The Programme gives students the chance to learn and practice key ideas and diagnostic tools in a way that is both academically rigorous and useful. The programme gives students the knowledge and skills they need to be effective leaders and managers in the business world.
- In today’s changing world, the HR function has grown to become a key part of organizational strategy. As businesses change all the time, HR needs to change as well. This is only possible if an organization’s most valuable assets, which are its employees, are able to see the big picture. This gives organizations a competitive edge.
- With a PGDM in HRM, students can learn how important HR is in the modern world. Specialized courses in the HR curriculum weave together things like hiring, mentoring, training, employee performance, and managing employees into a complex web.
- Students are given the information they need about the latest changes in the HR field from time to time. They are also encouraged to do field research to learn more about the subject in the real world.
- As the internet and globalization shake up world economies and make them more competitive, businesses have to move quickly just to stay in the same place in the market. Our PGDM in Marketing course has a good mix of both the managerial perspective from the field and the academic perspective from time-tested frameworks. With a PGDM in Marketing, students learns how to understand things correctly.
- Critically analyze and solve business problems like adapting to fast-changing consumer behavior, pricing policies, marketing of intangible services, making more new products, shortening the time it takes to make a product obsolete, branding and advertising with a big impact, and selling to both business and retail customers.
- Also, because products are becoming more and more alike, business leaders have realized how important it is to focus on making money and creating value for stakeholders through different parts of their marketing strategy. Companies are putting more emphasis on services and new product development, whether the customer is a business or a consumer. This is to create “client stickiness” and ensure a steady flow of revenue and higher profits. Students who want to start their own business or take over a family business will find our outcome-based marketing courses to be very helpful.
- As financial markets become more complex and interconnected, there is a high demand for graduates who can not only understand financial products but also measure and manage the risk that comes from them. The curriculum of our PGDM in Finance is based on what skills are needed in the field of finance.
- SKIPS meets this need by offering a mix of courses that focus on The depth and breadth of the information in each course can’t be beat.
- If a student takes the following electives, they will be ready for careers in banking, financial consulting, wealth management, hedging, and mortgage banking. As proof, our Finance majors have gone on to work for top companies like SNL Financial, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Direct, and Mars Financial.
SKIPS Ahmedabad: Eligibility Criteria:
Postgraduate Studies in Management is open to students who are in the middle of or have finished a three-year graduate programme in any field with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate marks from any university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), or the University Grants Commission (UGC). Students who will be taking their last exams in April or May 2021 can also apply. But they have to show proof that they passed the graduation exam with the above-mentioned minimum total marks by or before July 30, 2021. If they don’t, they’ll lose their spot in school. Before joining the institute, the student must have taken and passed his or her final exams.
Students must also meet the above requirements and take one of the national-level management entrance tests, such as the CAT, CMAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, or GMAT, or a state-level selection test, if their state has one.
Process Of Selection:
- Test of skills, group discussion, and interview (Process of Choosing)
- Score well on the Common Admissions Test (CAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, XAT)
- Score for how well you did in school in 10th grade, 12th grade, undergraduate degree, and graduate degree.
- The importance of taking part in (Sports, activities outside of school, and gender diversity)
- Declare where each candidate stands in terms of the total merit
- All of the candidates with the best scores will be asked to come in for counseling at different times, depending on how they did.
- The cut-off date for admission will be announced at the same time that the merit list is.
Fees Structure of SKIPS Ahmedabad:
The total cost of the PGDM programme for the 2023-25 batch is Rs. 5,08,500/-
Admission time fees- 49,500
|1st Installment||Rs 1,53,000|
|2nd Installment||Rs 1,53,000|
|3rd Installment||Rs 1,53,000|
SKIPS Ahmedabad Resources Faculties:
- HDB Financial Services
- ITC Limited
- IDFC First Bank
SKIPS Ahmedabad: Placement and Top Recruiter:
St. Kabir is a business school that is changing quickly and sending trained people out into the world market. Our college has stayed at the top of the list of the Best PGDM Colleges in Ahmedabad for many years. It’s because our careful industry training process and multidisciplinary approach are known all over the country. The placement cell at St. Kabir’s works hard to make the business world even more connected than it already is. We have close ties with some of the most well-known companies and brands in the country. It helps us get top corporate recruiters to look at our students’ skills and hire the best ones.
How Do We Get Students Ready?
- The first day a student comes to St. Kabir, we start preparing them for the business world.
- Compared to other PGDM Colleges in Ahmedabad, our college has gotten a lot of attention for its high number of campus jobs.
- Our faculty is very committed to passing on as much knowledge and experience as possible so that the industry can get skilled workers
- Accountancy Cloud
- Aditya Birla Group
- Asian Paint
- Axis Bank
- Blue Dart