- Mode of Education : Regular
- Establishment Year : 2003
- Affiliation & Accreditation : Recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956. The Degrees awarded by UPES are recognized by the UGC
- Placements : Highest package – INR 50.09 LPA & Average Package – INR 8.37 LPA
The University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies, Dehradun is abbreviated as UPES Dehradun. The UPES Act of 2003 founded the university. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has authorized UPES, and it is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). NAAC has awarded the university a ‘A’ rating. UPES has two campuses in Dehradun, each 44 acres in size: UPES Bidholi and UPES Kandoli. According to the NIRF 2022 rankings, UPES is ranked 97 overall and 65 for the University.
Through its seven schools, UPES provides 20+ industry-aligned and specialized UG and PG programs: School of Engineering, School of Computer Science, School of Design, School of Law, School of Business, School of Health Sciences, and School of Modern Media. The flagship curriculum, UPES B.Tech, is available in 20 specialties. The university’s JEE Main or UPESEAT is used to select students for the B.Tech program. The program costs INR 15.21 lakhs in total. The MBA program at the institution is also quite popular. The CAT/XAT/MAT/UPESMET is used to determine admission to the UPES MBA program. The UPES MBA course costs INR 14.20 lakhs. Furthermore, via CCE-UPES Distant Learning Education, UPES Dehradun provides distance learning courses.
Why is UPES Dehradun UG better?
UPES is one of the greatest universities in the Indian state of Uttarakhand, since it provides more than 120 specialities in UG and PG programmes, as well as excellent on-campus amenities that are not available at other institutions.
- 18+ years of experience mentoring kids to become leaders
- According to NIRF 2022, UPES is the 65th best university in India.
- Multidisciplinary and comprehensive education in the lovely surroundings of Dehradun
- Unrivaled worldwide exposure for B Tech students, including credit transfer to The University of Queensland in Australia, study abroad opportunities at Berkeley Global, student and faculty exchange, cooperative research, foreign internships, and more.
- Industry relationships include IBM, Microsoft, L&T, Tata Power, CISCO, Facebook Blueprint, and others.
- Unique alumni options include placement assistance for up to 5 years, finance, and workspace assistance.
- The first Indian university to get QS Academic Development received 5 stars, as did Employability, Facilities, and Program Strength.
B.Tech, BCA, BA, BBA, B.Com, B.Des, B.Sc, B.Pharma, BA LL.B