Masters in Cyber security online India
A Masters degree in Cyber Security is a postgraduate degree in which cyber laws and cyber security are studied.
Study of communication networks, technologies, and ethical and legal issues related to cyber security are part of the course. Students in Cyber Security degrees learn how to defend computer systems, networks, servers, and other equipment against cyberattacks. In the future, graduates will combine their computer science skills and knowledge with legal and ethical principles to protect the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive data. Hacker, penetration tester, cryptographer, security engineer, and ethical hacker are some of the most popular Cyber Security jobs
Eligibility Criteria for Masters in Cyber Security in India
In India, eligibility criteria for master’s degrees in cyber security is as follows:
- A B.Sc, B.E, or B.Tech degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Cyber security from a recognized university.
- 50% aggregate in graduation required.
- Even though most institutions accept students based on their graduation grades, some institutes also conduct their own entrance examinations.
Top courses for masters in cybersecurity online India (masters in cyber security distance learning india)
- MSc. Cyber Security from the University of Essex
- MSc in Information Security and Digital Forensics from the University of East London
- Master in Computer Science – Cybersecurity, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence from MIA Digital University
- MSc Cyber Security and Digital Forensics from University of Portsmouth Online
- MSc Cyber Security from the University of Liverpool Online Programmes
- MSc Data Analytics and IT Security Management from Arden University
- MSCS – Security Analyst specialization from EC-Council University
- Master of Science – Cybersecurity Engineering Auburn University – College of Engineering
- MSc Cybersecurity from University of Central Lancashire – Cyprus
- MSc in Privacy, Information and Cyber Security from University of Skövde
Top Colleges offering Masters in Cyber Security Delhi
- Amity University, Gurugram
- School of Engineering and Technology (SET), Sharda University
- The NorthCap University
- Ganga Institute of Technology and Management – Admission Office
- K.K. Modi International Institute
- NIIT University
- SVSU – Swami Vivekanand Subharti University
- Gautam Buddha University
- SGT University, Gurgaon
- IIT Delhi – Indian Institute of Technology
Top colleges for masters in cybersecurity online Delhi
- Manav Rachna Centre for Distance and Online Education
- Amity University Online
- IIBM Institute of Business Management
- IMS Proschool
- 361 Degrees – Annamalai University
- NIELIT Delhi – National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology
Top 10 Cybersecurity Courses In India
- Master Certificate in Cyber Security (Red Team) – Jigsaw Academy & HackerU
- Stanford Advanced Computer Security Program – Great Learning
- PGP in Cybersecurity – Praxis Business School
- Certified Ethical Hacker and Certified Information System Security Professional – Simplilearn
- PG Diploma/M.Tech in Cybersecurity – Reva University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cybersecurity – Amity Online
- Cybersecurity Certification Course – Edureka
- ListPost-Graduation Program in Cybersecurity – IIDT
- Cyber Pro Track – PurpleSynapz
- Certified Information Security Consultant – Institute of Information Security
Master in Cyber Security colleges in India
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU)||30,000|
|School of Computing and Analytics, NSHM Knowledge Campus- Kolkata||2.63 Lakh|
|Amity University, Jaipur||2.47 Lakh|
|Bharathiar University, Coimbatore||1.01 Lakh|
|C. V. Raman Global University||22,000|
|UNOM - University of Madras||14,260|
|IIT Kanpur - Indian Institute of Technology||44,150|
|Gujarat University||1.80 Lakh|
|K.K. Modi International Institute||6.40 Lakh|
|NIIT University||11.62 Lakh|
MSc Cyber Security: What is it About?
- A cybersecurity program protects networks, devices, programs, and data against attack, damage, or unauthorized access by employing a variety of technologies, processes, and practices. Information technology security can also be known as cybersecurity. A data protection law combines information technology and law to shield personal and professional information from theft and misuse.
- It covers subjects like ethical hacking, cyberlaw, analytics, computer networking operations, information assurance, and many more.
- Authentication, encryption, signature schemes, and Hash Functions are the four major methods of securing information online.
- Developing security-related recommendations in both software and hardware, estimating and removing security risks.
- Examine security issues and provide effective solutions.
- Protect internet users from fraud, information and identity theft, theft of funds, Dos attacks, and other intrusions by hackers by implementing various security measures.
Job Prospects after a Masters in Cyber Security in India
The following are the positions you can apply for after completion of your masters in cyber security in India:
- Penetration Tester
- Ethical hacking
- Cyber Legal Service
- Cryptographic Expert
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- IT Security Engineer
- IT Security Engineer
- IT Security Consultant
Master in Cyber Security Future Scope
Security in the digital sphere is on the rise. The demand for cyber security masters candidates is also increasing as a result of digitization and cyber threats increasing day-by-day.
- Government and private sector employers both offer a lot of job opportunities to these candidates.
- The candidates can find jobs in banks, railways, defence, and with renowned multinational companies and IT firms.
- These candidates can expect a good salary package. Salary starts at INR 3,00,000 to INR 4,00,000, and increases with experience.
- The candidates can pursue doctoral degrees in this domain if they wish to further their studies.
- They can work in renowned colleges that offer courses in Cyber Security after completing their PhDs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which institute is best for cyber security in India?
Ans. Top institutes for cyber security in India:
Here are the prominent Institutes of higher education in India, as per NIRF 2020, by MHRD, Govt. of India:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar-Rupnagar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology, North Guwahati
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore (first private institute in the category)
2. How can I do a masters in cyber security in India?
Ans. The eligibility for masters in cyber security in India is : B.Sc/BE/B.Tech degree in Computer Science, IT, Cyber Security or any other equivalent degree from a recognized institution. Minimum aggregate of 50% in graduation.
3. Which master degree is best for cyber security?
Ans. One of the most popular degree options for cybersecurity professionals is a master’s degree in cybersecurity. Nevertheless, some students pursue related programs, such as a master’s in criminal justice with an emphasis on digital forensics or a master’s in computer science with a cybersecurity concentration.
4. Is cyber security a good career in India?
Ans. According to NASSCOM, India lacks skilled cyber security professionals despite having the largest IT talent pool in the world. There is such a high need for experienced professionals that companies are willing to pay top talent over Rs 1.5 to 4 crore annually.
5. Is Cyber Security stressful?
Ans. Over half (51%) of cybersecurity professionals are unable to sleep due to the stress of their jobs and work challenges, according to the CIISec 2020/21 State of the Profession report. During the COVID-19 pandemic, stress and burnout have become major issues for security professionals.
6. Is Cyber Security in demand?
Ans. Cybersecurity positions are among the fastest-growing career areas in the United States, according to The US Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Information Security Analyst’s Outlook. According to the BLS, cybersecurity jobs will grow by 31% through 2029, almost seven times faster than the national average job growth of 4%.
7. What is a Cyber Security course?
Ans. Studying Cyber Security prepares you to protect computer operating systems, networks, and data from cyberattacks. This includes monitoring systems and mitigating threats as they occur. IT security degree programs’ curricula are oversimplified
8. Is cyber security a good career?
Ans. Cyber security heads receive compensation ranging from 2 Cr to 4 Cr annually, according to KPMG. According to the industry, 68% of employees are satisfied with their job, making it both mentally and financially satisfying.
9. Does cybersecurity require coding?
Ans. Coding skills are not required for most entry-level cybersecurity jobs. After a few years of experience, you may become qualified for some cybersecurity positions that require the ability to write and understand code.
10. Is cyber security well paid?
Ans. Cyber security analysts who are experienced and senior can earn anywhere between £35,000 and over £60,000. If you are at a higher level of leadership or management, your salary might exceed £70,000.
11. Is cybersecurity in demand in 2021?
Ans. Cybersecurity threats worsen every year, and data digitization has raised the stakes since the SolarWinds breach. As of 2021, there are approximately 3.5 million cybersecurity positions available worldwide, according to the New York Times
12. What is the demand of cyber security in India?
Ans. Cybersecurity professionals are desperately needed in India. In the wake of several recent data breaches, India has proven its commitment to cybersecurity.
13. What is the average salary of a cyber security engineer in India?
Ans. Cyber Security Engineers in India earn between * 3.0 Lakhs and * 21.0 Lakhs on average annually. The salary estimates are based on 273 salaries submitted by Cyber Security Engineers.