Based in Canberra – Australia’s capital city – the University of Canberra is a young, vibrant and pragmatic university. It’s a place where ideas take root, where creativity is explored and where new opportunities are created.
The University of Canberra offers undergraduate, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, masters degrees by coursework, masters degrees by research, professional doctorates, and research doctorates. It has several international partners in China, Vietnam, Bhutan, Singapore and India to offer courses on an international level. The University of Canberra College also offers pathways programs and English language courses for international students. UC follows a semester-based academic calendar with four intake sessions: Summer, Semester 1, Winter Term, and Semester 2.
The University of Canberra welcomes international students who wish to pursue higher education in Australia through its online application portal or through an international agent. The application period for Semester 2, 2022 is only open until December 1 as of now. To enroll in a UG course at the University of Canberra, Indian applicants must have an ISCE or AISSCE certificate from a recognised board. To be eligible for master’s admission, you must have a relevant bachelor’s degree and meet the general requirements. In addition, students need to complete an assessment quiz or interview.
University of Canberra Rankings 2021-2022
Some of the University of Canberra ranking are given below:
- In the Times Higher Education Rankings 2021, the university is ranked #184th among world universities. (University of Canberra World ranking)
- Achieved a rank of 101-200 in Impact Rankings 2021 by Times Higher Education.
- Awarded 456th place in the top university rankings by QS in 2021.
- According to US News and World Report rankings in 2021:
- 604th on the list of the best global universities
- #34th in the best global universities in Oceania
- Ranked #28 on Australia’s list of best global universities
- Clinical Medicine program ranked #340
- Environmental and Ecology programs ranked #402nd
University of Canberra Highlights
|Campus accommodation capacity||2500 beds|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Total no. of Alumni||86,000|
|Cost of living||21,041 AUD|
|Total No. of students||14,000|
University of Canberra Courses 2021-2022
- Academic programs at Canberra University enjoy accreditation from a variety of top agencies.
- There are several disciplines offered by the university, including Accounting, Law, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Design, Economics, and Tourism.
- Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, International Business, Marketing, Accounting, and Law are among the 21 graduate programs offered at Canberra University.
- The MBA program at the University of Canberra offers students the chance to acquire skills that are applicable to a wide range of industries. Specializations in accounting, human resources, and marketing are offered.
- Executive MBA programs are designed especially for future leaders who intend to work in high-level positions. Case studies and interactive sessions are part of the curriculum.
University of Canberra Courses and fees 2021-2022
|Course||Tuition fee (AUD)||Entry Requirements|
|Master Degree Course in Juris Doctor||36,000||Undergraduate degree or equivalent|
|Master of Arts in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching||27,500||Undergraduate degree or equivalent|
|Master of Business Administration||36,000||Bachelor qualification, or equivalent
Three years' work experience
|Master of Clinical Psychology||41,600||An accredited four-year psychology degree from APAC
In psychology honours, a GPA of 6.0 or higher is required
|Master of Physiotherapy||48,000||Completion of a bachelor's degree in health science.
The study of musculoskeletal anatomy, advanced functional anatomy, exercise physiology, and biomechanics at the graduate level.
University of Canberra Campus
- There are open spaces and trees around the campus of Canberra university, which has world-class infrastructure.
- Located close to the city, the campus is easily accessible by public transportation and is close to shopping, cool cafes, events, and markets with a social hub attracting students’ attention.
- UC has well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, research facilities, sports facilities, libraries, student spaces, a hospital, parking facilities, accommodation facilities, as well as UC Refectories, UC Hair Salon, Canberra Body Piercing Clinic, gym, and banking facilities.
University of Canberra Residence
- Depending on the student’s preferences and budget, two different types of residence options are available to them at the University of Canberra, namely University-approved accommodations or other student accommodations in Australia.
- First-year students and international students at the university are also guaranteed housing.
- Each year, there are 2500 beds available for students in the university’s approved accommodation facilities, ranging from studio apartments to multi-share apartments with as many as 12 bedrooms for each student.
- The university provides housing via its four residence halls, i.e., UC Lodge, Cooper Lodge, Weeden Lodge, and Campus West, with all the essential amenities such as common areas, kitchens, private study rooms, theatre rooms, laundry services, rooftop terraces, etc.
- Renting, sharing, motels, homestay, private rentals, and the Australian Institute of Sport are all options available to students who wish to live off-campus.
University of Canberra Application process 2021-2022
Canberra University offers three ways of applying to the institution – directly to the university, through an agent and through UAC International (after certain qualifications are met).
University of Canberra Application Fee 2021-2022: No application fee is required for Canberra University admission.
- Proof of English Proficiency: English tests; transcripts and award certificates; and/or a letter from the institution stating the language of instruction (course-specific).
- Certified evidence of academic transcripts and award certificates. Additional Requirements:
- Subject Description.
- Working with vulnerable people information and application form (for background check).
- National police check application information (for background check).
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- References with their contact details
English Language Requirements at UC
|TOEFL iBT||Overall score of 46|
|IELTS Academic||5.5 overall with no band score less than 5.0|
|Pearson Test of Academic English||42|
|Cambridge English Scale||162|
University of Canberra Cost of Attendance
Depending on the course an applicant is taking, the cost of attendance will vary. The following are the costs of living in Australia for international students:
|Type||Estimated expense (AUD)|
|Tuition Rates||26,700-35,000 for UG courses.|
|Rent||90 to 440|
|Groceries and eating out||140 to 280|
|Phone and Internet||15 to 30|
|Gas, electricity||10 to 20|
|Public transport||30 to 60|
|Car (after purchase)||150 to 260|
|Entertainment||80 to 150|
University of Canberra Scholarships 2021-2022
For international students, scholarships are available as financial aid to help them finance their studies in Australia. The applicant only needs to submit one application to apply for multiple scholarships for which they are eligible. Here are some scholarships for international students:
|Name of the scholarship||Eligibility||Benefits|
|University Of Canberra International Course Merit Scholarship||International students applying to a bachelor's degree program or master's degree program beginning in 2021 are eligible;|
For high school or college, a score of 70% or a GPA of 5 is required.
|25% of the total tuition fee amount.|
|University Of Canberra International High Achiever Scholarship||For international students seeking admission to a Bachelor or Master degree program.|
Grades higher than 80% or a grade of 6 on a scale of 7.
|20% of the total tuition fee amount.|
|University Of Canberra International Alumni Scholarship||Students starting their Master's course of study at the University of Canberra who have completed their bachelor's degree and have applied for admission.||10% of the total tuition fee amount.|
University of Canberra Alumni Network
- Over 86,000 alumni from more than 100 countries are part of the University’s alumni network.
- Among the benefits provided by the university to its alumni are free library access, guest lectures, as well as webinars for personal and professional development.
- The University’s distinguished alumni include:
- Yvonne Motisi (Marketing and Communications Executive SA of Company)
- Penelope Hanley (Author and film critic)
- Saad Mahmood (CEO of AEO Pakistan and the Honorary Consul General of Iceland)
- George Gregan AO (Rugby legend, philanthropist and UC Alumni)
- David King (Chemist)
University of Canberra Placements 2021-2022
- It provides internships and employment opportunities in Australia through its Career HUB.
- Students can find casual jobs and internships through the Career Hub as well as project and placement opportunities.
- Besides helping students prepare for their careers, Work Integrated Learning develops their skills and knowledge.
- In addition, students can apply for part-time or casual jobs on campus, which will enhance their employability.
Following are some of the employment opportunities and the average salaries offered to University of Canberra students:
|Job Position||Average Salary (AUD)|
|Executive Management & Change||126,000|
|Marketing, Product & Communications||86,000|
|IT & Software Development||65,000|
|Logistics, Operations & Purchasing||55,000|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is University of Canberra a good uni? (University of Canberra Ranking qs)
Ans. According to the 2022 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings released today, Canberra remains among the top two percent of universities worldwide. It now ranks 436 in the world.
2. What is the University of Canberra known for? (University of Canberra ranking)
Ans. As the fastest rising university in Australia as well as one of the fastest in the world, in the 2021 Times Higher Education Young University World Rankings, Canberra University ranked number one in full-time employment and starting salary for undergraduates and graduates in ACT.
3. What is the rank of the University of Canberra? ( University of Canberra world ranking)
Ans. In the list of Best Global Universities, the University of Canberra ranks 548th. Rankings are based on the performance of schools based on widely accepted measures.
4. Is the University of Canberra good for international students?
Ans. International students often consider the University of Canberra as one of the best universities in the world. In addition, the university’s graduates are employed at a rate of 89% and earn higher starting salaries than most top-performing universities.
5. Why should I study at the University of Canberra?
Ans. Undergraduate and postgraduate study at the University of Canberra is characterized by high academic standards and a career-focused approach.
6. Is the University of Canberra government owned?
Ans. The Canberra College of Advanced Education was established in 1967 by the Commonwealth Government under the Canberra College of Advanced Education Act 1967(Cth). As of 1 January 1990, the College became the University of Canberra.
7. Is the University of Canberra a good law school?
Ans. Graduate employment outcomes, student satisfaction, and generic skills development make us one of Australia’s top law schools. Canberra University is the top ACT school for median salary, educational resources, skill development, student support, and teaching quality.
8. How do I apply to the University of Canberra?
Ans. The application process for a higher degree by research course at the University of Canberra involves four steps. The first step is to create an account on the HDR Application Portal. Use the Eligibility Calculator to determine whether you are eligible to apply for a Higher Degree by Research. Step 3 – Submit your expression of interest.
9. What is the acceptance rate of the University of Canberra?
Ans. University of Canberra acceptance rate is 75%